Wednesday, August 04, 2004

I can tell when you rub your eyes you're fading fast.

It's offical. Later this month I will become the newest addition to the Nolan household in Plymouth, MI. After a quick trip to South Bend for a wedding on the 14th I'll be back here in Ann Arbor moving out. Then, on the 24th I'll be flying back to Baton Rouge to spend almost two weeks with the folks and Stephen. Should be good times indeed. By the time I get back some of my old friends from Notre Dame should be up here to join the ranks of the Ann Arborite Domers. All things considered, that's not a bad setup for me: I'll have some key friends and family around these parts to hang out with while I try to figure out some things.

This weekend one of my cousins, Jenny Nolan, will be in town visiting. Hopefully we'll get to meet for dinner or a day at the pool/lake. Perhaps I'll have some stories and/or pictures to share at the end of the weekend.

Recently I've rekindled my love of The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds. Teriffic album; it's almost too much, making me happy and sad all at once. Other albums that have monopolized my recent listening include: Want (Rufus Wainwright), Negotiations and Love Songs (Paul Simon), How Does Your Garden Grow? (Better Than Ezra), Euphoria Morning (Chris Cornell), Meaningless (Jon Brion), Between The Dim & The Dark (Jump), I (The Magnetic Fields), One All (Neil Finn), and Greetings From Michigan (Sufjan Stevens). Quite a long list, yes, but you tend to listen to quite a lot of music when you have no job. By that I mean to say that I listen to a lot of music when I have no job.

And on that note I'll close.