Thursday, May 05, 2005

Another day, another Molson.

Well, it's been a while, and I have little desire at this point for a detailed recap. I will say that I survived three weeks in Greenville and am only slightly worse for the wear. While in Greenville my schedule for the month of May took an unexpected twist, resulting in my departure for Ireland this Sunday. I'll be there for two weeks working with a startup paper. Let me put some emphasis on the word "startup" with the following pieces of information:
  • Only a day and a half ago I received tentative rates that they will use to sell advertising.
  • They do have an editor and most of the staff hired, but they are not in place yet so an external company has been contracted to run the IT/install/staffing.
  • The building that will house this new weekly (and free) paper is still being built, so when I spoke to my contact this morning she was in a hotel conference room that they have rented out to facilitate the training. They're still working out all the logistics that this will entail, but certainly anything will be better than sharing a roofless building with construction workers.

    Needless to say this should be an interesting adventure.

    As the tittle would suggest, Molson is here with me at work again. Right now she's asleep on the floor, but a minute ago she was bounding up and down the building up and down the building looking for other playfriends. She didn't find any. Sad. Anyway it's about time to get back to work. More stories (and hopefully pictures) from Ireland soon.