Sunday, November 05, 2006

Tailgater In The Dark

A lot has been going on since my last post. In the past I've had success with bullet-point-style-recaps, and I'm feeling as lucky tonight, so here goes:
  • My dad and older brother were able to accompany me to the ND game against Stanford back in October. Great times were had by all, despite the fact that I split my time between family and NDBand alumni (as it was a reunion game of sorts). It sounds lame, but the weather could not have been better; campus just looks better on a gloriously sunny fall day.
  • Work has been, well, work...But also particularly stressful as of late (though not much more time-intensive).
  • In terms of the weather, this fall has been lame.
  • Today I returned to Ann Arbor from the next-to-last home game of the season. It's been a great fall of spending most weekends in South Bend; I even considered skipping the last game, Björk-style, but then I realized that didn't make sense. In two weeks I'll return once more to finish the season in what is predicted to be the best outing yet*.
  • Ellen and Will are engaged. I have been asked to play a Sufjan song in the wedding, which is incredibly flattering. Also, I'll probably brew some beer for the reception with Ellen's brother Dan.
  • Stephen and Claire will be in Ann Arbor for Thanksgiving. Menu plans are already in the works; it will most likely be as glorious as some of the previous holiday spreads we've had in town.
At this point I need to get going so I can watch the Patriots/Colts game. More sooner as opposed to later. Hopefully.

* This prediction comes courteous of the manager of Hotel Spo.