Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Your blog is bad and you should feel bad.

This has been a busy week indeed. I've somehow been able to manage work days less than eleven hours long despite the fact that things continue to get more hectic. There was a moment today (as I was walking out the door) when I felt a little bit guilty for not working harder/longer; fortunately cooking in my apartment to a glass of whiskey and music was enough to shake the feeling.

Tomorrow morning I'll be driving to Indianapolis with a coworker to try and provide a development prespective to a high-profile costumer that is struggling to optimize their internal systems and workflow.

Looking ahead, this weekend should be one of those nice, relaxing, away-game sort of weekends that I've grown to love this fall. Not to take anything away from football weekends, but there's something to be said for being able to sleep, sit, and use the bathroom as much as - and whenever - you want. Of course, next Wednesday I'll most likely be saying something like, "this weekend should be one of those high-impact, tailgating sort of weekends that I've grown to love this fall."

Lastly, I'm happy to announce that my family's Thanksgiving and Christmas plans are taking solid form. I'll be off for a week for Thanksgiving and slightly over two for Christmas (with slightly over one in BR). Thanksgiving will see the Vath boys reunited in Ann Arbor (fortunately for the three of us we'll also have Mary and Claire to keep us in line) while Christmas will see the entire Richard Vath family reunited in Baton Rouge.

Okay, enough for one evening. I'm off to watch Futurama. Ohhhh Zoidberg, you make me laugh.