Monday, August 09, 2004

Domers Unite!

Well, the joys of college football will soon be upon us, and I'm a little worried as to how all these changes will affect the sport. As a Notre Dame alum, I'm certainly saddened to see the departure of "strength of schedule" from the BCS ranking system, but as a fan of college football on a more general level, I think the simplified system might be good for everyone. At any rate, I'm sure it will have its strengths and weaknesses, as any system will, and I'm just nervous/anxious to see how everything plays out.

Today I took some online typing tests and found out that I type approximately 64 words per minute. I have no idea if this is any good; I imagine it's a little above average. The reason for such tests is that I am going to meet with a temp agency (the one my sister-in-law, Mary, used) this week or next in order to try and get a job - even a temporary one - as soon as possible. In addition, I have posted a resume online and applied to a few things in the area. Hopefully something will pan out.

Last but not least: movie news. Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind will be released on DVD next month. I can't wait! It is easily the best movie I've seen this year. If you haven't seen it, check it out 09/28/04.

That's it I'm out of here.