Sunday, October 31, 2004

East Siders

Because we worked late on Friday night at the paper converting their database to the new system, I had the entire weekend to play. Yesterday I drove out to Richmond to visit Jeff and Myrle. I saw the sights of downtown, and we went to Bottom's Up Pizza for dinner, which was excellent. After grabbing some Amberbocks we went back to their place and watched the LSU game. It was great to see them, only regrettable in that they are currently moving to another place, so I neither got to see the old one fully furnished nor the new one. So it goes.

This morning I drove to DC and hung out with Adam, Erin, and Jenny. Adam was sick in bed, Erin nursing him, so my trip was capped off by a trip out to Linden Vineyards with Jenny for some wine, cheese, and sausage overlooking beautiful Virginia landscape. As an added bonus I now have 3/4 a bottle of Claret to get me through the week.

So there's the brief summary of my weekend. I'll try to post again later in the week with some stories of my interactions with some of the Staunton locals patroning the Holiday Inn bar. Until then...