Saturday, November 20, 2004

Is LSU the next Duke?

Well, it was a crazy day of college football. At least for those following the Big 10 and Rose Bowl births. One thing's for sure: Michigan will be making its second Rose Bowl appearance in a row. Maybe this year they won't embarass this state I call home.

Much in the same light, as I type this post LSU is losing to Ole Miss. What happened to you, LSU? You used to be good. LSU?!!!

Let's see, more sports embarassments...check this out if you haven't already. Total craziness. And here's what I think about the whole thing: (a) the players that went into the stands deserve to be suspended indefinitely (as they have been) if not thrown out of the league; okay perhaps that's a little harsh but I don't think there's ever an instance where a player crossing that line is justified, and (b) detroit fans are complete punks; in general there should be better security at sporting events and those charged with enforcing such security should start throwing fans out of the games and perhaps pressing charges against such behavior. But hey, what do I know.

Tonight Chad (my coworker here in MN/ON for those unaware) and I had dinner at the house of one of the owners of the paper we're here training. It was an enjoyable evening indeed, and we even managed to cross the border with a bottle of wine with no problems. We're getting good at this game.

Hmm, well, Florida and Florida State are battling it out at the moment and with 6:00 left in the game I can type no longer. I'm not even sure who I want to win this one - so much emotion tied to this game - but I know I have to see how it finishes.

Lastly, I'll simply say that I've been bitten by the airport express bug. That is all I will say.

Goodnight,
RB