Sunday, February 05, 2006

shattered cd's everywhere!

This weekend finally brought my rendezvous with Vnak and Katie to fruition*. On Friday morning Vnak and I discussed where we would meet, being that Rochester was about 75 minutes from Minneapolis. He told me that he had picked a place that was "in the middle" so that everyone would have to travel about the same distance**. Turns out, the bar he picked was about 65 minutes from me, on the outskirts of Minneapolis. Not surprisingly, Vnak also had coups to this particular establishment. Classic Vnak; well done, I say.

I didn't mind. Miller Lite Girls and a waitress with an attitude added to the enjoyment of the evening***. The only downside was a loud country/classic rock band that started playing around 9:30.

Yesterday was nothing more than a travel day, but today has brought the near-completion of my Dark Winter English Bitter**** and the re-racking of my Mid-Winter Summer Wheat. Later, a Super Bowl that I don't care about at all will take place.

And that concludes my weekend.

* Kimlinger made an appearance as the added bonus.
** In the snow, mind you
*** Especially the part where they competed over whose beer special was a "better deal".
**** DWEB for short. It should be finished tonight at Richard and Mary's apartment.