Saturday, March 18, 2006

B for Bad Bracketology, Betas, Bugs, and Bird

The luck of the Irish was not with me yesterday, as the demise of Michigan State and Kansas was accompanied by that of my bracket picks. Is there anything more humbling than losing to both friends and coworkers in a game of 'who will win?' Probably, but I can't think of any at the moment.

I saw V for Vendetta today. If it weren't for Natalie Portman and her performance there would be little to speak of with regards to this film. Seeing it made me want to see Garden State all over again.*

This past week was slightly crazier than I thought it would be. I'm here in Charlottesville, VA assisting in the installation of my new product. It's going alright but this site is turning out to be more of a beta site than a commercial installation. See, they're using our software in partnership with some layout/design software that we have yet to use with our new product, and the two aren't playing quite as well as they should. Combine that with a couple of to-be-incorporated-soon-but-not-at-this-time features that they really want and you've got a recipe for some tense times. The site has been great about it all, though, and I couldn't have asked for more knowledgeable people to help us work through these issues.

We're having some Adobe CS 2 training sessions all this week at work; it's bad enough I have to miss Monday but I'm on a 6am flight home Tuesday morning so I can make it to the rest of the show.

* despite the fact that I just watched the last half of it last week.
Current Music: The Mysterious Production of Eggs ~ Andrew Bird. I love this guy.