Monday, February 27, 2006

like sometimes when i hear myself on the radio

What was looking to be a slow, agenda-free weekend turn into one of the best I've had in months. Friday night I went to Live at PJ's with Sneaks, Ben, and Chris to check out a band that Chris knows. (PJ's is the former site of Damato's (above Gracie's) for those of you keeping score.) Good times were had by all, and the walk back to Joe's apartment at 3am was reminiscent of a few years ago when we walked to Gracie's regularly. Ahh, the memories.

Saturday saw the visit of Jim and Sheila. With six of us piled in Jim's Benz, we spent the day in Detroit. Sites included the DIA, Andiamo's at the RenCen, the Heidelberg Project, and Cuisine.

As yesterday was winding down I received a phone call from a friend inviting me to come over and watch The Dukes of Hazzard. Seriously. My friends actually wanted to watch this movie. I went, reluctantly, and found myself glad I did, for the mix of homebrew and company overcame all odds resulting in the best time anyone has ever had watching that movie.

Today begins another week of travels, taking me to the likes of Charlottesville, VA and Big Rapids, MI. Speaking of traveling, I should go pack for my flight...

Current Music: Arcade Fire - Funeral