Monday, August 16, 2004

aMAIZEing Wonder Bread

Congrats to Brian and Katie on their wedding this past weekend. The ceremony, as well as the reception, was wonderful. It was especially nice to catch up with a few old Domers I hadn't seen in a while. I think the southern boy in me still holds a special place for the huge, stand-up-buffet-style receptions of my youth, but the sit-down dinners are nice too. I thoroughly enjoyed singing the "Three's Company" theme song during the main course*. My only regret: that the DJ played "Hey Ya" while I was driving some less-than-sober friends home. I guess I was there for some "Musicology" tracks, so I shouldn't complain.

News from the job front! I had a career preview with American Express Fincancial Advisors, Inc. (AEFA). I passed my career aptitude test and was invited to interview one-on-one this Friday. Booya.

Well, that's about it for now. My apartment is in shambles because I have to be out of here by Friday. Fortunately I have a bottle of whiskey to dull the pain of packing alone. God bless you, Evan Williams 7 Year.

*It's kind of a long story: if you know the glass tapping game which forces the newly married couple to kiss, then replace glass tapping with song singing.