Saturday, December 11, 2004

Wake Up, Maggie May

Greetings once again from Oklahoma. The Sooner State, whatever that means. I'm one week into a two week stint here. Despite having to battle severe boredom, things have been going very well here: the weather's been sunny and unseasonably warm, my hotel is much nicer than previous ones (new, clean, microwave, fridge, high speed, continental breakfast, etc), and in my humble opinion the site has been going extremely well.

As I mentioned, except for last Sunday's afternoon in OKC this week has been outrageously boring. Last night, however, I had the chance to get out of this town and do a bit more exploring. Dinner and $1 draughts of Amberbock at Rock Island Grill made for a lovely start to the evening. From there it was back to Bricktown to a place called Tap Werks to enjoy some nice beers on tap. It was a pretty cool place, and a band played a set or two that were fairly enjoyable.


Today I spent the early afternoon hours driving around downtown OKC and visiting the Musem of Art, which was pretty enjoyable. Just recently I suffered through an embarassing ND men's basketball game against DePaul. As I'm pretty sure someone once said at some point, boo on DePaul. Well said, someone.

Now I await the announcement of the Heisman Trophy winner. Before I go, here's one amusing tidbit from last night: there was a guy at the bar who looked exactly like Rod Stewart. The resemblance was incredible. I almost asked for his autograph, just to see what he would do. I mean, if I looked exactly like Rod Stewart, I know I'd give autographs every chance I'd get, singing Maggie May while doing it.

What would you do?