Monday, March 27, 2006

I'm just like all those boys from Texas

Since we're still in the midst of March Madness, I find it necessary to give a few bracket updates. I rebounded quite well from the sustained losses I mentioned in my previous post. In fact, on Friday I was in first place in my bracket at work* and third place amongst my O'Neill Hall & Friends Bracket.

This weekend my picks plummeted. I think Florida is the only team I have left in the Final Four. Damn you, LSU, for beating Texas. What kind of nickname is Big Baby anyway?

Ok, time to move on. This weekend I'll embark on my final business trip. It should be a good one, too. First, a big trade show, then an installation, finally, a return to glory. I'm more excited about this round of travel than I have been all year.

One last thing before I get back to work: huge thanks to Vnak for his surprise donation of Prince cds to the "cause for giving me prince cds." A mildly amusing story was meant to accompany this post explaining the arrival of this package but I decided to omit it. Sorry Vnak.

* I know what you're thinking...software engineers can't pick good brackets. This may be true, but the salespeople at work can - and do - pick winners every year. They must be stopped.