Saturday, January 15, 2005

Wine Country

Here I am at the Walla Walla Union-Bulletin on a brisk Washington Saturday morning. I've been here since last Sunday and things have been going as well as can be expected considering the circumstances*. The town is actually pretty quaint; it has a population of about 26 thousand, but it has nearly 60 wineries in the area. Of course since I am sitting here it's easy to surmize that I have yet to sample the fruits of the vine, but tomorrow and/or Monday should have some fun tastings in store for me. I just hope the weather holds up.

Here's an intersting tidbit from the newspaper world: all newspapers smell the same! I mean the actual buildings...they smell the same. I think it must be the ink. It only took visits to two papers to figure this out; I suppose the fact that the physical paper always smells the same should've been my first clue.

The hotel I'm staying at is sweet, though though they are holding out on putting a fridge in my room. Consequently I've been eating a lot of subway. Sometimes twice a day. Look out Jared, there's a new kid in town!

Alright, back to work for this guy, but more soon, I promise.

* I had two-and-a-half days to prepare for this site, and though they had months to prepare for me, it appears they used that time to pursue other ventures.