Sunday, August 22, 2004

Explanations (long) overdue

The day Pat Nolan arrived back at the house, we went to work and we haven't really stopped since. First we set out on the task of running my internet line through the ceiling into my room. About a year ago Pat had someone run some cat5 cables throughout the house for later use; unfortunately no one could remember where these lines were. After pulling out every light fixture and air vent in sight, as well as punching a few holes in various walls (Pat's idea, not mine), we finally figured out that we needed to scrap the idea and run all new cable. Upon our return from Radio Shack we got sidetracked by the cable lines and boosting the cable signal in the house instead. So, the day ended with at least one task accomplished: the cable signal boosted and a cable line run into my bedroom (more holes drilled in walls...glorious).

Today was spent largely outdoors. We dug some trenches, installed small 1-inch conduits and ran the exterior cable lines through them and under the deck and a new outdoor, pool-side bathroom, which we then primed for painting (to take place tomorrow). Oh yeah, and we cut out a section of the brand new fence enclosing the pool. Don't ask me why.

Why am I explaining all of this? Well, so that (a) Richard will grow immensely jealous and want to come over and help and (b) I can feel like I'm earning my keep around here.

Moving on, I wanted to explain my previous list, however briefly. Here goes:

1. When you combine the best burger around with pitchers of Amberbock, you just can't lose.

2. Yesterday's is a quaint little restaurant in Granger, IN. Wonderful atmosphere, food, and bowls full of belly. A great place for a nice lunch or an excellent dinner. Or just coffee and dessert.

3. This one is a bit hard to explain. In fact I don't think I'll even attempt to, at least at this point. Some of you out there no this one, and that's going to have to do for now.

4. A touch of home with a touch of tackiness, this coffee shop is the only one in the Michiana area to serve Zapp's chips, Community Coffee, and decorate each corner of the room in various crazy themes. Oh, and they have live Irish Celtic music from time to time.

5. You just have to experience these for yourself.

That's all for now. Goodnight.