Friday, August 20, 2004

Wherever The Monk is...there's Mardi Gras

This afternoon I had my official interview with AEFA. It was all pretty straightforward, just some questions and answers for about 30-45 minutes. Upon successful completion* of the interview, I proceeded to the call simulation portion of the application, wherein I was given information on three contacts and had to make a first call to set up an initial advising appointment. These simulations are outsourced and the people they hire are paid to be difficult on the phone. Basically, they wanted to see how I would handle this tough aspect of the job. Fortunately, I passed (though I did not get a single appointment actually scheduled), so on Monday I move right along to the final interview with the VP in charge of the Ann Arbor branch. Rock, rock on.

My room at the Nolan's...errr, at my house...is coming along nicely. It's very cozy (which is a nice way of saying small and busy), but after the expansive abyss of my last apartment, it's a welcome change indeed. One goal for the weekend is to get some pictures posted.

*All interviews are scored and these scores are compared with the scores from the career aptitude test to see whether or not a candidate is eligible to proceed.