Monday, August 30, 2004

Team Snoodies

Charlotte: I just don't know what I'm supposed to be.
Bob: You'll figure that out. The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you.

Well, the weekend in New Orleans was, by all accounts, a success: good food, cheap booze, The French Quarter, Cooter Brown's, a deck of cards, season 5 of Friends, and roaches were enough to provide all the necessary ingredients. Hmmm, I'm not sure exactly what that means, "the necessary ingredients," but I assure you all were present. So there's that.

Stephen's apartment, by the way, is pretty damn sweet. The low ceilings and less-than-abundant amounts of natural light are made up for by the enormity of pretty much every room in the place. Most notably is Stephen's bedroom, which I'm pretty sure is twenty by a million feet.

Oh, I should add that over the weekend I was able to enjoy a Bud's Broiler burger. I don't know what they put in their special barbeque sauce, but I just love those burgers more than I feel I should. *

Hmm, what else? Ahh, I took my dad's new car out for a spin yesterday. It was my first time behind the wheel of a sports car of that caliber, and I was definitely amazed by the level of performance it was capable of reaching (and that's just on the city streets...today or tomorrow I'll take it on the highway for some real fun).

Well, I think that's all for now. Tonight the folks and I are planning on "dining out." Baton Rouge has a wide array of good restaurants to be enjoyed; any suggestions? Good luck to SColson on her CPA exam, and cheers to Stephen on his first day of his last year of college.

*A note to all the ND folk reading this: a Bud's Broiler burger in no way compares with a CJ's burger. Bud's falls under the category of fast-food burger, though the name belies the quality.