Thursday, September 02, 2004

Mim's the word

For the past few days one thing has haunted me. One question has driven me. One idea has consumed me.

When you think of cookie perfection, what comes to mind?

There, I said it.

*******************

It all started when I was a senior at Notre Dame. Elizabeth introduced me to a confection so magnificant it could only be called Famous Dave's Famous Kahlua and Coffee Cookie Delight (FDFKaCCD, for short). Now, I realize that FDFKaCCD is quite a moniker, but just wait 'til you taste these little babies. They'll change your life!

*******************

And so, for the past 3 years FDFKaCCDs have shaped the ways in which I view the world around me. And like a good attitude, or a really strong tea, the powers of the FDFKaCCD are contagious. I can't even begin to count the number of times people would say to me, "Mike, how's about you whip me up a batch of them FDFKaCCDs." Or, "Mike, your FDFKaCCDs are like little pieces of heaven. With chocolate chips." Or, "Mike, I've heard a lot about your FDFKaCCDs, but I'm just not sure if they're right for me. Can you tell me more?"

I've made FDFKaCCDs with all kinds of ingredient variations. I've used butter, I've used margarine, I've used apple butter. I've measured ingredients, I've not measured ingredients. I've done it all. But no matter what happens, the FDFKaCCDs never fail to please.

Except when Clairesja and SteVat make them.

So earlier this week Clairesja and I "whipped up a batch of them FDFKaCCDs," as they say. It was like watching her open her eyes for the first time. I almost wept it was so beautiful. Almost. Thank you, FDFKaCCDs, for being just a little piece of heaven. With chocolate chips.

Have you been touched by a FDFKaCCD?